Thursday, April 10, 2008

Padang - Bukit Tinggi (Day 3)

Today is going to be my last day in Sumatera since I need to get back to Jakarta, my Home Base. I had a very good experience, journey and business aswell while I am here in Bukit Tinggi. I check again my e-ticket and it was written that the ETD - Estimate Time Departure will be at 16:40 LT (Local Time), and will be arrived in Jakarta, Soekarno-Hatta Airport around 18:15 LT. This means that I need to check-in on 15:40 LT at the latest, hmmm I am still have enough time to check-out from Novotel Bukit Tinggi at 09:00 LT at the latest so I still can enjoy the journey back to Padang. Nowadays there is a lot of choice to go back from Padang to Jakarta, one of my favourite is using one of the Private Airlines in Indonesia, of which you can search and book online via their website at here.


After had a lite breakfast, I go directly to the check-out counter and finish the check-out process and I also bought some souvenirs from the Hotel for my colleague. And of course I am order the car to bring me back to the Padang Airport, West Sumatera. As usual, the journey from Bukit Tinggi was amazing views with all the original rainy forest, the train track that has a special equipment on the middle (third rail located in the middle that helps the locomotif climbing from Padang to Bukit Tinggi). It is now quite rare to see the train passing by and on my journey back I did not met them.


The Hotel staff suggested me to stop by on one of the waterfall near Padang. This place is quite famous for them during the weekend. The name is "Cagar Alam Lembah Anai Air Mancur", which means a Waterfall Lembah Anai. After an hour journey, we can see the places and after we parks the car, we start climb a bit to the Waterfall. In a short the waterfall is not as high as I am expected but the place is quite nice. It was surrounded by rainy forest with wild monkey screaming and jumping from a branch to another. Please ensure you left all the foods safely otherwise they will come and ask for it.


The pictures collections of the place is presented here.

-Dian-

Supported by Mandala Airlines

No comments: